IVF or in vitro fertilization is a very complex series or procedure which is mainly used to treat the genetic problems and fertility regarding the conception of a child.
There are many IVF specialists in Noida who can be of great help when one is in need. But as it has been said earlier that IVF is a very complex procedure and one should be very sure about it before going to that procedure. During an IVF, mature eggs are retrieved or collected from the ovaries and then they are fertilized by sperms in the laboratory. Once the fertilization procedure is done, the eggs are implanted in the uterus again. A proper cycle of IVF takes about 2 weeks.
This is a very effective form of assisted reproductive technology. One can go for the procedure by using their own eggs and their partner’s sperm. But it can also involve some anonymous donors.
Having a healthy baby out of IVF treatment depends on a lot of factors like the age and the cause for which one is facing infertility. In addition to that, IVF can also be a very time-consuming process and it is invasive as well as expensive. If more than one embryo is implanted in the uterus, then it can result in multiple pregnancies as well.
Now the question is why an IVF is done? Well, in this treatment the one thing that is kept in focus is infertility and so a couple may think of going for this. But yes, one should check other less invasive options as well before they attempt IVF. One can see if fertility drugs can increase the production of eggs or the procedure where sperms can be directly planted in the uterus during the time of ovulation is possible or not.
In most cases, IVF is offered as a primary source of treatment for women who are over the age of 40 and are suffering from infertility issues. Here are some major reasons why one needs to go for an IVF treatment:
- If there is a blockage or damage in the fallopian tube. This makes the eggs very difficult to fertilize or an embryo to travel to the uterus.
- If there is an ovulation disorder like it is absent or less frequent and very few eggs are available for fertilisations.
- If there is a premature ovarian failure. This is actually the loss of normal ovarian functions before one reaches the age of 40. If the ovaries fail, then they fail to produce normal amounts of the hormone estrogen.
- There can be endometriosis. It occurs when the uterus tissue implants and grows outside the uterus and so it affects the functions of uterus, ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- There can also be uterine fibroids. They are benign tumors in the walls of the uterus that can interfere with the implantation of fertilized eggs.
But one should only consider IVF if there is no other option to conceive a baby because it is indeed a complex process.